Best Party Platter To Impress
This simple yet gorgeous grazing platter that has us looking forward to the next weekend already 🙂
I am including three main ideas here today but you could always add Salami slices to go with Swiss cheese slices, Fresh Grapes and Dried Figs along with Almonds, Green or Kalamata stuffed olives with mini Boccochinis and finally some veggie( Cucumber, Carrots, Red peppers) sticks to add colour to your platter.
Party Trick One : Baked Brie
- A Wheel Of Brie Cheese
- Quince Paste or Any Fruit Paste
- Puff Pastry
- Egg Wash
Easy to put together, Just spread the fruit paste onto the cheese wheel, place the fruit paste face down on the sheet of puff pastry and wrap the cheese with the pastry. Do a quick light egg wash to the whole cheese puff pastry wrap then place it in an preheated (180 degrees) oven until Golden puffy and crispy. Serve with mini toasts or garlic crackers.
Party Trick Two : Herb Dip ( Carrabbas inspired)
- Fresh Thyme
- Fresh Basil
- Fresh Oregano
- Fresh Rosemary
- A Clove Of Garlic
- S+P to taste
Pound all the ingredients together until its well combined and looks like a chutney, serve with an olive oil float with delicious fresh bakers Cobb bread or Sour dough loaf
Party Trick Three: Stuffed Mushrooms
- 12 whole medium sized mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 200g cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Clean mushrooms with a piece of damp kitchen paper. Carefully break off stems. Chop stems finely – or puree in a blender – discarding any tough ends.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add garlic and chopped mushroom stems and gently cook until any moisture has disappeared, taking care not to burn garlic. Set aside to cool.
- When garlic and mushroom mixture is cool, stir in cream cheese, parmesan cheese, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Mixture should be very thick. Using a teaspoon, fill each mushroom cap with a generous amount of stuffing. Arrange the mushroom caps on prepared baking tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the mushrooms are piping hot and liquid starts to form under caps.