Stuffed Avocados..I Love Avo
Its National Avocado Day!!!
Who doesn’t love this creamy goodness, its great in salads, on the side, as a dip or even in dessert. Its rich in vitamins and minerals especially potassium ( even bananas are a good one for that). Avocados are great source of fibre ,protein and vitamins.
Here is one of the ways you could consume Avocados with your whole family.
* 3 medium ripe avocados
* Juice of 2 fresh limes
* 1 lb. ground meat of choice (I used grass-fed beef for my husband)
* I did a medley of Veggies Red peppers, Mushrooms,Zucchini, Corn and Spinach for myself
* 1/2 of a yellow onion, diced
* DIY taco seasoning:
* 1/2 Tbsp chili powder
* 1/8 tsp garlic powder
* 1/8 tsp onion powder
* 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
* 1/8 tsp dried oregano
* 1/4 tsp paprika
* 1 tsp cumin powder
* 1/2 tsp sea salt
* 1/2 tsp black pepper
* Mix the spices well, you will only use about half of this mix per pound of meat or Veggies or to taste
( Save this mix in a airtight container for next time)
* Fresh taco toppings of choice:
* diced tomatoes
* fresh pico
* cheese (optional)
1. Halve avocados, brush with fresh lime juice, sprinkle with sea salt if desired.
2. Brown meat or roast veggies with the onion in a skillet over medium heat.
3. Once cooked through, drain well.
4. Add homemade taco seasoning and 1 Tbsp hot water.
5. Simmer for 1-2 minutes until flavors combine.
6. Scoop hot meat or veggies into avocados.
7. Allow your family members to be their own Avo-Taco mixologist 😉